Monday, December 1, 2014

Treasures


SP is a treasure. She is one of Hubert’s English class students who a few days ago finally admitted she had sin and prayed to accept Christ. Now she is very happy. Please pray for her to grow in the Lord and be used of God to help others know Him.
The books and literature printed in Phnom Penh this past week turned out better than last time. Thank you for praying. The tracts Hubert wrote look nice, but are expensive. Please keep praying for God to give wisdom and possibly show us a cheaper place for printing.
When we worked in Central Africa, another missionary advised us, “Hold your possessions loosely.” We have tried to do that. But I was clutching my handbag quite firmly as we walked on the sidewalk in Phnom Penh when a man on a motorcycle zoomed by and yanked it out of my hand. I was helpless to do anything. I was so grateful to God that my only injury was a sore hand and arm and nothing worse. I am grateful that you were praying for our travels last week. I thank God Hubert was with me. Thank God that though I lost my phone, we have now purchased a new one. The other items are gradually getting replaced too. It is so good to know God has a good purpose for what He allows in our lives.

“Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth…where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven…” Matthew 6:19,20

No comments:

Post a Comment