Late May through early June 2012 a medical team is planning to come serve the Lord with us in Koh Kong. Mobile medical clinics have been greatly used of the Lord in the past as a means to carry the gospel to large numbers of people in Cambodia. Families bring their loved ones often from remote places to receive medical treatment. They see the compassionate care of the Christian medical team and hear about the loving Savior who invites them to believe on Him. Some make decisions to receive salvation.
Teams are composed of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other health care workers and helpers who come from the States for about two weeks. Then there are Christians in Koh Kong who preach and witness one-on-one to those who come to the clinics. Besides these there are translators for those who come from the States. Medicines are purchased in the capital, Phnom Penh. Some supplies are brought out from the USA. There are trans-oceanic travel arrangements to be made by the team coming out. We arrange housing, meals and local transportation for taking the whole team around to the clinic sites. The team must have the permission of local authorities in order to work in Cambodia.
Please pray for the important step we are presently working on – that of obtaining permission from the Koh Kong ministry of health. Since Hubert and I are still on furlough, I cannot talk to the offices directly myself. I have sent letters to Koh Kong with our requests. L. and Dr. L. in Koh Kong are involved right now to present the letters to the right people and communicate back with me. Let’s watch the Lord work in accomplishing this step.
“Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.” Micah 7:7
No comments:
Post a Comment